The TB1 is a vacuum tube (valve) microphone incorporating the philosophy that the best microphones use high quality, yet minimal components, along with hand selected tubes. Using the finest available materials to build the best possible capsule, the Studio Projects TB1 achieves this philosophy and more.
Valve microphones have long been appreciated by studio engineers for their warm yet natural sound. The Studio Projects TB1 provides audiophile sound engineers with the classic vacuum tube design combined with today's better quality components. The circuit design of the TB1 uses as few components as necessary to prevent added noise and coloration.
A special hand selected 6072 "dual triode" vacuum tube is used to ensure consistency. The TB1 is powered by a dedicated AC power supply (DJ8). The TB1 provides the warm transparent sound associated with an expensive quality vacuum tube preamplifier.
This perceived sound characteristic has been very popular and sought after for vocals and instrumentation soloists. The TB1 is the absolute stand alone value in it's price class comparing to models costing as much as $3,000.00. There is no better value on today's market at any price, and the TB1 is so affordable, every professional and project studio can afford one, or a pair for stereo recording or more.
* A superb vocal microphone with warm transparent character
* Great for overhead choirs, strings, pianos & percussion
* Great for production, broadcast, and voice over work
* Perfect for the professional and home project studio
* A quality vocal mic suitable for all vocal styles.
* Pressure-Gradient Transducer, 1" 3 um mylar capsule
* Cardioid Pattern
* Transformer Output
* 6072 Dual Triode Tube Included
* 7pin interface cable
* Power supply
* Aluminum carrying case