The WT-72 brings you the character that the original V72 console modules are known for!
Inspired by the V72 modules originally built for the German Radio Network, the WT-72 offers 56 dB of gain, which can be driven by a microphone or line level source. The vintage modules only offered 34 dB of gain, so an additional 22 dB of gain is made in the WT-72 with small adjustments to the circuit while maintaining the most sought after tone and character we have all come to love.
The performance of a high-quality mu-metal shielded input and heavy duty output transformer as well as the output plate choke helps provide the character of its vintage inspiration! TRANSFORMERS Transformer balanced input and output give the WT-72 the character of the original TUBE CIRCUITRY. Audio passes through two EF86 tubes giving 56 dB of gain OUTPUT HEADROOM A plate choke feeding the output EF86 provides large output swings at low distortion. LINE INPUT When "Line" is selected from the XLR IN switch, a 36 dB pad is placed before the input TX.
* Mic / Line (XLR) and High Impedance DI Input
* DI defeats XLR input when plugged in
* Two EF86 equivalent tubes
* 56 dB of gain
* 11 Position Gain Rotary Switch
* Polarity reverse switch
* 36 dB pad switch (Line Select)
* 48 volt phantom power switch
* XLR input and output connections
* American input and output transformers and plate choke
* Amber LED indicators for phantom power on and signal present on output (-12 dBu minimum for illumination)
* Hand-built in USA
* 115v/230v AC mains option on rear
* Internal power supply
* 2-year warranty parts and labor