The Auteur has been a staple preamp in studios around the world for many years. It has become the go-to choice for bridging the gap between clean, transparent preamps and those with lots of color and bite. The Auteur MKIII is the next step in perfecting this combination of vintage and modern sound at an affordable price!
The Auteur MKII is the second generation Auteur with lush preamps that capture every detail of your signal. It offers ultra-fast input stages, 65dB gain, a frequency response wider than its predecessor’s, and lower noise/distortion levels. Plus it delivers all the great features of the original: dual channel functionality, 48V switchable phantom power on each channel, phase switching, and a 10dBu pad option for both channels, as well. The Auteur MKII has XLR in and TRS out on Ch. 1 and Ch. 2, and it’s wrapped in a 1U, 1/2 rack housing.
• 2nd-gen dual channel high-quality mic pres capture every detail and nuance of your signal
• High-speed input stages accommodate all types of audio sources
• Edcor transformer-coupled output stages add a touch of vintage vibe
• Lower noise/distortion levels and wider frequency response than the first Auteur
• 14–65dB input gain offers greater range than its predecessor
• 1U 1/2 rack chassis
• Front panel offers per-channel gain, switchable phantom power, phase inversion, and 10dBu pad
• XLR input/TRS (balanced) line output for outboard connectivity