The Delphos® II is a premium studio condenser microphone, featuring unhyped and natural frequency response, very high sensitivity, and very low self-noise. It has 3 polar patterns (True Cardioid, Omni, Figure 8) and a switchable 10dB pad.
The Delphos II is an upgrade to the original Delphos, which helped establish Roswell as a source for no-compromise studio microphones -- devices that regularly compete with and best competitive models that cost three times as much, or more.
The microphone uses a highly optimized transformerless circuit, which provides a pristine signal path. The microphone's circuit boards are manufactured and populated in the US, using the finest components sourced from around the world, including low-noise NOS transistors and custom US-made signal capacitors.
Two switches located on the front of the microphone provide pattern control and pad features. The mic's "True Cardioid" mode increases sensitivity and signal-to-noise ratio by removing the capsule's rear diaphragm from the circuit.
Each Delphos II is built in California, hand-tuned, "burned in," and extensively tested after manufacturing to ensure the best possible performance.
The microphone is painted with a multi-stage enamel finish. The color is dark blue metallic. The ROSWELL logo nameplate is embossed brass.
The mic's Cutaway™ Shockmount allows the microphone to be easily positioned close to a singer or instrument without mount hardware standing in the way. This allows you to take advantage of the microphone's natural proximity effect.
The Delphos II includes the Cutaway Shockmount, a Roswell branded microfleece mic sock, and a flight case
FEATURES & BENEFITS:
- Hand-selected large-diaphragm condenser capsule captures detail and articulation
- Ultra-pristine transformerless circuit reduces noise and distortion
- Upgraded DC circuitry eliminates ultrasonic noise
- True Cardioid mode increases signal to noise ratio
- Omni pattern reduces proximity effect naturally
- NOS parts capture vintage FET sound
- Custom metallic enamel finish provides durable good looks
- Extensive QA/QC procedure ensures that every Delphos II sounds fantastic