The Mini K47 captures the tone of a vintage microphone, with modern performance specifications.
Like all Roswell microphones, the Mini K47 is designed, assembled, and tested in California.
"K47" refers to the capsule design. Our K47 capsule is modeled after the one in the most famous microphone of all time. It provides a full, balanced tone without any harshness or hype in the upper frequencies. It will record less sibilance and fewer mouth sounds on your next vocal track. It will add weight, body, and tone to high strings and electric guitars. It will reduce the jangle in strummed acoustic tracks.
We created a clean, transparent circuit design. It lets the sound of the capsule pass through without alteration. Self-noise and distortion performance are on par with microphones costing significantly more. The circuit incorporates the best tricks we’ve learned from modifying and upgrading other companies’ products.
Every Roswell microphone is subjected to a 24-hr "burn in" on our proprietary conditioning fixture, then tested extensively prior to shipping: polarity, noise, frequency response, sensitivity, and more. We perform an acoustic sweep test and listen to every microphone before it leaves our facility.
The Mini K47 has a durable, heat treated finish. Each mic ships with our exclusive Cutaway™ shockmount, Roswell branded microfleece mic sock, and a flight case.
- The original compact K47 condenser microphone
- Designed, assembled, and tested in California
- Vintage tone from true 34mm large-diaphragm K47 capsule
- Handpicked NOS audiophile components
- True single-backplate 34mm K47 style capsule
- 3-micron diaphragm
- Ultra-clean transformerless circuit
- Imported, audiophile-grade polypropylene signal capacitors
- Heavy, solid steel body with durable powder-coated finish
- Exclusive Cutaway™ elastic shockmount
- Natural, unhyped frequency response
- Enhanced articulation
- Solid, high-quality construction
- High sensitivity
- Low self-noise and very low distortion
- Modern performance with vintage tone