The Vari Tube Recording Channel gives your recording the most up-market boutique sound and confident powers of self-assertion, while at the same time creating a perfect integration into the mix. It is the first sound refiner worldwide which allows for the combined operation of vari-q and optical compression and therewith offers a sound spectrum ranging from clean precision to a silky warm vintage sound.
Due to the variable nature of the preamp, you can decide on the color of the sound of your recording varying from clean direct to vintage fat.
With the passive equalizer built after the Pultec principle, you can add silky soft highs to your recording, give your voice more volume or filter out disruptive frequencies within the area of keynotes.
The combined operation of vari-µ and optical compression of the VTC is a unique worldwide feature that extends your sound spectrum with a fantastically sounding compressor tone.
An LED beams onto a light-sensitive resistor and regulates the gain depending on the level. The automatic control of the compressor timing is additionally supported through the memory effect of the resistor. The result is an open-airy and softer compression which keeps the level nicely static but hardly alters the microdynamics of the signal.
With this setting, the amplification of a control tube is influenced directly. The control happens directly through the optical compressor. The result is a sound that will find its place even in a dense mix with a sinister presence while never losing its warmth.
The routing of the compressor and EQ is switchable, it is possible to switch the EQ into the sidechain of the compressor so that frequency-dependent compression and de-essing are both possible. If you have a recording that has not yet been refined with the aid of the VTRC, it is possible to edit it also afterwards through the new line input. Thereby the signal does not pass through the Microphone input transformer, but through a separate transformer that has been developed for line level.
All functions of the VTRC (from Preamp to EQ to Compressor) are available to you for the processing of high-level signals.
If you want to use the VTRC for stereo signals, it is possible to link them.
- Vari-µ compressor (Opto and Vari-µ comprossor can be used at the same time)
- Line input with separate line input transformer
- Two VTRCs can be linked for stereo operation
- EQ: 24kHz high boost frequency for additional airband
- Switchable compressor timing
- Upgraded tube input stage
- Opto compressor (Opto and Vari-µ compressor can be used at the same time)
- Passive Pultec-style EQ
- Microphone preamp, character changeable from clean to fat
- EQ can be switched before or after the compressor
- EQ can be switched to the compressor’s side chain
- Tube device (3 Triodes)
- Class-A circuit
- Frequency response: 20 – 20.000 Hz +/- 1,5dB
- Stepped Potentiometers
- Transformer balanced inputs and output
- Internal power supply with toroidal transformer
- Height: 132mm (3U), width: 483mm, depth: 250mm
- Microphone preamp with transformer / 48V / Phase
- True 48V phantom power
- Phase switch
- High-impedance instrument input (100 kOhm)
- Character changeable from clean to fat
- Low-cut: 80-160Hz
- Low-mid boost: 80-120-200-300-500-700-1000 Hz
- Mid-cut: 200-300-500-700 Hz 1-1,5-2-3-4-5-7 kHz
- High boost: 1,5-2-3-4-5-7-10-12-16-20-24 kHz
- Opto compressor
- Vari-Tube compressor (vari-µ)
- Program-adaptive attack and release timing
- Frequency Response: 20Hz - 22kHz
- Maximum Mic Input Level: +12 dBu
- Maximum Line Input Level: +20 dBu
- Maximum Instrument Input Level: +6 dBu
- Line Input Impedance: ≥ 2.4kΩ
- Instrument Input Impedance: ≥ 100kΩ
- Output Impedance: < 600 Ω
- Maximum Output Level: +24 dBu
- Dynamic Range: ≥ 95 dB
- Voltage: 230 V~/50Hz or 115V~/60Hz
- Fuse: 500 mA slow-blow
- Maximum Power Consumption: < 25 W
- Dimensions: 3 U, H:132 mm, W:483 mm, D:250 mm