Like its sibling the Bottle, Bottle Rocket Stage One breaks away from traditional microphones to propel your creativity to new sonic heights. The hand-tuned B8 capsule provides flexibility for a variety of recording scenarios, while our acclaimed interchangeable Bottle Caps (sold separately) enable you to create virtually any mic imaginable and capture any sound source.
Bottle Rocket Stage One includes the B8 large-diaphragm cardioid condenser Bottle Cap. Its mission: total recording versatility. The B8 capsule is a hotrod version of one of the world’s most legendary condenser capsules. But unlike it’s predecessor, which was lacking in mids, B8 is tuned for a lush midrange with a gorgeous lift around 5kHz and a smooth cut around 8kHz. It’s perfect for capturing a wide variety of sound sources with stunning detail—including lead vocals, electric and acoustic guitars, drums, percussion, horns and strings.
Bottle Rocket Stage One is designed and hand-built in the USA for a lifetime of use. It features very low self-noise (<7.5dB), exceptionally high output (+12dBV), and a proprietary transformerless Class A FET circuit that delivers the most accurate, noise-free signal available. It even comes with a spider mount and flight case.
Bottle Caps are a system of interchangeable capsules that provide a variety of tonal ranges, characters, diaphragm sizes and polar patterns for total recording versatility. Big vocal sounds. Vintage and modern sounds. Delicate, accurate reproduction. Different patterns. All in a single microphone. And the quick-change connection makes experimenting with new sounds fast and easy.
- Crystal-clear sound quality and superb detail with legendary B8 Bottle Cap
- Compatible with all interchangeable Bottle Caps
- Low self-noise (<7.5dB)and high output level (+12dBV)
- Class A Discrete solid-state electronics
- Includes shock mount and wood storage box
- Transducer Type: Pressure Gradient or Pure Pressure (depending on capsule)
- Polar Patterns: Cardioid, Omnidirectional, Figure of 8 (depending on capsule)
- Frequency Response: 20Hz – 20 kHz
- Sensitivity: 27 mV/Pa (+/- 10mV depending on capsule) at 1kHz (1Pa = 94dB SPL)
- Output Impedance: 50Ω
- Rate Load Impedance: Not less than 1 kΩ
- Noise Level A-Weighted: Not more than 7.5dBV – 14dBV (IEC 651) (depending on capsule).
- Maximum Output: +12dBV = 3.1 Vrms (2.5kΩ, 1% THD)
- Maximum SPL: 138dB SPL (2.5kΩ, 0.5% THD)
- Dynamic Range: 130 dB (@2.5kΩ)
- Power Requirement: +48V DC Phantom Power (IEC 268-15) (+35V min)
- Current Draw: 1.8mA (typical AI+48V)