The Industry-Standard High-End Noise-Gate comes to the 500 Series!
The DS101 is the first noise gate designed specifically for the 500 Series rack system and takes its place alongside the Drawmer family of industry standard Noise Gates, such as the DS201, DS501 and DS404. Anyone familiar with those units will immediately be at home with the DS101.
Based on a single-channel of the DS201 the DS101 is a sophisticated noise gate incorporating a number of features pioneered by Drawmer, which are invaluable to the sound engineer, such as variable high and lowpass filters for “frequency conscious gating.” Other features include comprehensive envelope control, attack, hold, decay, and range, plus a whole host of other features, all adding up to one amazing processor.
When placed side by side in a 500 series rack two or more gates can be linked using the new infra red triggering mechanism employed on the DS101. This means that any number of gates can be linked with each having their own envelope shaping whilst the trigger pulse passes through unchanged, this opens up a whole world of “envelope follower” effects limited only by your imagination.
* Fully featured noise gate based on the industry standard DS201.
* Takes up a single 500 series slot.
* Proprietary Hysteris or “trigger stabilization” to prevent “chatter” around the threshold.
* Fully variable high pass and low pass filters for “frequency conscious” gating. * Comprehensive envelope control, attack, hold, decay, and range.
* External triggering via key input or the new IR trigger pulse from another DS101.
* “Key Listen” facility.
* Extremely fast attack time, to preserve the natural attack of the sound.
* Linkable - up to ten units in one rack space - with individual envelope shaping.
* Drawmer “traffic lighting” metering.
* Can be used for “Gating” or “Ducking”.
* Low noise design.