Introducing the WA-14 Large Diaphragm Brass Capsule Condenser Microphone, which is based on the classic condenser microphone from the 70's that has been used on countless hit records. The WA-14 utilizes fully discrete classic circuit topology, including an all-brass CK12 style capsule design by “Lens Kondensator” and a custom premium CineMag USA transformer. The WA-14 can be used on an array of sources, which includes: punchy and warm intimate lead vocals, aggressive guitars and heavy percussion. The WA-14 provides a realism and thickness that is true to the vintage sonics, but now at an affordable price.
All-brass Capsule Created By Warm
The LK12-B-60v is an all-brass, edge-terminated capsule that captures all the smoothness, rich top end, and other sonic qualities of the original CK-12 capsule. Using the backplate of the more modern CEK-12 variant as a basis, this capsule overcomes many of the manufacturing limitations of the original hand-made capsule which made it prohibitively complex and difficult to manufacture consistently or in high numbers. The o-ring and housing are all made from brass (no teflon parts), and our capsule diaphragm is 24k gold sputtered and skinned using 6 micron, NOS Japanese PET film (mylar). The end result is a very consistent, reliable capsule which matches the frequency response and tonality of the classic.
* Large diaphragm condenser microphone with variable pad and three polar patterns
* Features our own “Lens Kondensator” LK-12-B-60V edge-terminated, dual-backplate, all-brass vintage CK12 style capsule
* Custom CineMag USA transformer
* Includes shock mount and hard mount
* Frequency range: 20Hz to 20kHz
* Output pad: 0dB, -10dB, -20dB
* Cardioid, figure of eight and omnidirectional patterns
* Impedance: 150 ohms
* Connector: 3-pin XLR
* Requires +48V phantom power
* Color: black (painted)
• 1- year warranty