The CV-12 is one of the most "bang-for-your-buck" microphones in existence, and has been used to record countless projects from big to small! After gaining much success as a vocal mic, we decided it's time to expand its coverage in the studio and on stage! We're excited to announce we've teamed up with Black Lion Audio in Chicago to offer exactly that!
Please welcome the new CV-12BLA! With a flatter response and more headroom than before, the CV-12BLA takes what you love about the CV-12 even further! Throw it on drums or piano, close mic a guitar, or throw it on vocals for a finish so polished it'll put more expensive mics to shame!
Black Lion Audio has spent over a decade perfecting the art of modding gear. Employing this expertise, we have partnered with them to develop the CV-12BLA. This partnership resulted in a meticulous look at every single component of the classic CV-12. First and foremost, the circuit has been modified to have a flatter response. The high-mid bump that the CV12 is known for was tamed and a new capsule was used to further smooth the highs and bring out the lows resulting in more balance. This flatter response, coupled with higher headroom allows the microphone to be more of a “utilitarian” microphone that sounds great on just about everything. We particularly found that full range sources is where the CV-12BLA really shined as the frequency range is balanced across the board. The coupling capacitor is an industry favorite Solen FastCap, which was chosen for its transparency. The 32mm K67 capsule was replaced with a 34mm CK12 styled capsule which was chosen to compliment the new circuit. Leaving no stone unturned, the CV-12BLA features a completely redesigned power supply, featuring a new low-noise circuit.
The CV-12BLA includes the new Jetsun shock mount. Not only does this shock mount help isolate the microphone from the stand, but the front section is also left open, allowing instruments and windscreens to get several inches closer to the headshell. This design feature allows artists to take advantage of an increased proximity effect, something much more difficult to do with a fully round shock mount.
Finally, the CV-12BLA includes a brand new black faux alligator skin case that not only protects the mic while transporting it, but also looks great while doing so!
- Uses Include: Studio vocals, acoustic guitar, mandolin, drum overheads, room mic, piano
- A new capsule was used to further smooth the highs and bring out the lows for more balance
- 32mm K67 capsule replaced with a 34mm CK12 styled capsule
- The frequency range is more balanced across the board
- The coupling capacitor is a Solen FastCap
- Modified circuit results in a flatter response
- Completely redesigned power supply, featuring a new low-noise circuit
- Regulated plate voltage supply
- Extra filtering on transformer bridge diode
- Designed and assembled in the USA
Standard Items Supplied:
- Avantone CV-12 BLA Tube Microphone
- Deluxe Faux Alligator case
- New Jetsun shockmount
- Elegant padded genuine wooden mic box
- Low-noise Circuit Power Supply
- Owner's Manual